VOLUNTEER HIKE ORGANIZERS
If you love to hike, become an OC Hiking Club Volunteer Hike Organizer!
Volunteer Hike Organizers — organize hikes for adults and/or families
Do you love to help and inspire adults?
- Beginning walks & hikes
- Intermediate hikes
- Advanced hikes
- Out of town hikes
- Dog walks
- Other outdoor activities
Volunteer’s for the OC Hiking Club’s Kids-in-Need-of-Nature Program
Do you love to help and inspire kids?
Volunteer as a Hike Organizer for our Kids-in-Need-of-Nature Program and connect at-risk youth with the outdoors through hikes and outdoor events. Help children explore nature and learn about the outdoors. Volunteers must pass a background check and have prior experience working with children. You will gain experience organizing adult hikes before working with at-risk youth and we provide you with that experience. All OCHC kids hikes are closely supervised by agency staff, volunteers and members.
OCHC Volunteer Hike Organizer Qualifications
- Love of nature and the outdoors
- Desire to help and inspire others
- Desire to learn New Leadership skills
- Desire to learn nature and wilderness skills
- Hike Organizers — Organize a minimum of 6 hikes per year (# is less if backpacking or events)
- Ability to be a team player
Steps to becoming an OCHC Volunteer Hike Organizer
- Join and fill out Participant Agreement
- Attend X# hikes with OCHC (# depends on prior experience)
- Fill out volunteer application — OC HIKING CLUB Volunteer Application
- Background check
- Attend Apprentice Orientation
- First Aid/CPR certificate
- Lead hikes with OCHC (# depends on prior experience)
- Kids-in-Need-of-Nature volunteers only — Attend Nature Guide training sessions (Wilderness Skills Training, Wildlife Communication, Coyote Mentoring)
- Kids-in-Need-of-Nature volunteers only — Select which of our kids organizations is the best match for you and begin
* Scholarships are available for eligible volunteers based on need. Please contact: office @ oc-hiking.com
Thank you reconnecting your community with nature!
Step 1. Fill out Volunteer Hike Organizer Application form
All information is strictly confidential and used for OCHC organizational purposes only.
A 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Copyright © 2006-2017 OC Hiking Club/Hike Everywhere, All rights reserved. Distribution or publication of this site's content without prior written permission is prohibited.